Information about General Hospital #14 in Richmond, VA during
the Civil War.
Also called: Second Georgia Hospital. Building about same size and shape as
General Hospital #11. Opened before June 1862. Report of 7 June 1862 lists 65
patients, but capacity was over 125. Location: west side of 20th,
between Main and Franklin Streets. Present site: 20-4-6 North 20th
Street. (from Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert
W. Wait, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee,
Richmond, Virginia 1964.)
4/19/1864; "Lewis H. Fraysier’s
factory, on 20th street, between Main and Franklin" was burglarized
In the National Archives:
Record Group 109, (ch. VI, vol. 711). 2 in.
Morning Reports of Patients and Attendants,
General Hospitals No. 1-4, 7-8, 12-20, 22-23, and 25-27. 1862-65. 1 vol.
Daily reports showing the number of patients in hospital, in private
quarters, received, returned to duty, transferred, furloughed, deserted,
discharged, died, and remaining; the number of medical officers, stewards,
nurses, cooks, and laundresses present for duty; and remarks. Arranged by
hospital number, thereunder chronologically, and thereunder by State of
patient's organization. The dates given are inclusive; not all hospitals
have reports for all dates.