Detail of 1867 U. S. Army Corps of Engineers map, showing the Tredegar
Ironworks/C. S. Laboratory/C.S. Arsenal area
click for a larger image
The Tredegar Iron works are the cluster of buildings at left; the C. S.
Laboratory are the small buildings on the island (Brown's Island); and the C. S.
Arsenal is the large, rectangular building with the courtyards at right.
last updated on