From the Richmond Dispatch, 6/10/1861, p. 1
All the former inmates of the Mechanics' Institute
are now moving out, the building having been hired to the Confederate States
Government, who will use it for the War Department and Patent Office in future.
We presume, of course, that no fair can be held in the building next fall, as
last updated on