From Richmond Dispatch, 6/10/1861, p. 1
All the former
inmates of the Mechanics’ Institute are now moving out, the building having been hired to the Confederate
States Government, who will use it for the War Department and Patent Office in
future. We presume, of course, that no fair can be held in the building next
fall, as usual.
last updated on