From Richmond Dispatch, 6/3/1861, p. 1
– This gentleman, who now occupies the position of Commanding General of all
the forces in and around Richmond, has removed his office from the Custom-House
Building to the room of the Circuit Court, in the State Court-House, in the
Capitol Square. Arrangements have been making for ten days past for the proper
accommodation of the various Departments of the Confederate States Government.
The officials have thus far accommodated themselves to the various circumstances
by which they have been surrounded. By the middle of this week the Custom-House
will be ready for its occupants.
last updated on