From the Richmond Enquirer, 8/24/1861, p. 3, c. 3

SPRINGFIELD HOSPITAL. - This hospital was established some months ago by the churches of "Church Hill" in this city. Under the management of the Soldiers' Aid Society, assisted by a committee of competent gentlemen, this institution has rendered invaluable services to our sick and wounded soldiers. It now has under its kind treatment not less than fifty sick, most of whom are in an improving condition. Doctors Knox, Watson and Picot are constant in their attention, free of all cost. This hospital has been supported mainly by the Churches to whose patriotic and Christian liberality it owes its existence; but as it now stands in need of fresh supplies, the managers would be proud to receive such contributions of food, apparel, bed clothing and money, as the sympathizing of the sick and wounded feel disposed to send.

Articles may be directed to the care of Rev. Alex. G. Brown, pastor of Trinity Methodist Church, who will see that they are delivered.

Page last updated on 07/24/2009