From the Richmond Enquirer, 8/20/1861
PRIVATE HOSPITALS. – The ladies of the Centenary Methodist church, Rev. W.
W. Bennett pastor, have established two private hospitals for the care of the
sick and wounded soldiers. One on the corner of 4th and Cary, and the
other on Henry between Clay and Leigh streets. The ladies of the church will
devote their attention to such of the sick and wounded as are taken under their
charge, and the inmates, we feel assured, will fare very well.
last updated on