From the Richmond Enquirer,
12/24/1862, p. 2, c. 3

RETURNED. Captain G. W. Alexander, Assistant Provost Marshal of the Eastern District, has returned to his post in command of Castle Thunder, after a brief but eventful trip to Fredericksburg, whither he repaired with a company of picked men from the two military prisons, upon the opening of the ball in that quarter. He performed material service and gave timely assistance to the Letcher Artillery, with which corps he acted, and on parting from them left twenty of his men to fill the places of the lost, distributing the rest to their respective regiments.

 

Page last updated on 07/24/2009