From the Richmond Enquirer, 5/27/1862, p. 1, c. 5
MEETING OF THE CITY COUNCIL. – A special meeting of the
City Council was held last evening, to consider a petition from the Va. Central
Rail Road Company, asking leave to erect a temporary track from their depot to
the Fredericksburg depot on Broad street, for the purpose of removing engines
and other rolling stock, blocked out from running by the movements of the enemy.
As the track would only be allowed to remain for a short time upon the street –
no longer, in fact, than necessary for the removal of the stock alluded to – the
petition was granted.
[remainder of article deals with an unrelated matter and
was not transcribed]
last updated on