From the Richmond Examiner, 10/16/1861
OFFERED AS A HOSPITAL. – The
trustees of the Masonic fraternity of Virginia, who own the large wooden
building, corner of Ninth and Main streets, have tendered its use for hospital
purposes for the sick soldiers, to the District Deputy Grand Master for this
district, who will, no doubt, take an early occasion to offer it for acceptance
to the parties desiring its use.