From the Richmond Sentinel; 8/12/1863

Drewry’s Bluff. – A deserter from this fortification informs a New York paper that its garrison consists of only ninety men. This, the Yankee gunboats thought too many for them, judging from the manner in which they turned tail and ran the other day. Let the Yankees believe the story of this deserter, and try “Fort Darling,” as they call it, again. We only hope they will.

Page last updated on 07/16/2008