From the Richmond Whig, 6/16/1862, p. 2, c. 6
THE SAMARITAN HOSPITAL, on Clay, between 5th and
6th streets, under the special auspices of the Young Men's Christian
Association, was opened on the 1st of June.
In behalf of the sick and suffering soldiers, we solicit
the co-operation of the citizens of Richmond and vicinity, in contributions of
provisions and money which will be received either by the Superintendent or at
the depot of Army Committee on Bank street.
J. D. K. SLEIGHT,
june 17 – 1t*