From the Richmond Whig, 4/11/1865
Major Gen. GODFREY WEITZEL and Brig. Gen. G. F. SHEPLEY
have their headquarters at the mansion formerly occupied by Jeff. Davis, corner
of Clay and 12th streets - continuation of Governor street.
Major Gen. CHAS. DEVENS has his headquarters at the
Brevet Brig. Gen. E. H. RIPLEY has his headquarters at the
Major General A. V. Kautz, First Division, Twenty-fifth
Army Corps, headquarters at Richmond House.
Captain Wm. Vondoehn, Adjutant General.
Major Atherton H. Stevens, Jr., the Provost Marshal, has
his residence at the French Consul's house and his office at Major Carrington's
late place. Persons requiring permits, passes, etc., can get them at the latter
Lieutenant Colonel W. A. Conover, Medical Director, Army of
the James, headquarters at the Custom House.
Surgeon Benedict, U. S. V., Medical Director of
Twenty-fourth Army Corps, office at General Devins's Headquarters.
Surgeon E. P. Morong, U. S. V., Medical Director of
Twenty-fifth Army Corps, office on Tenth street, near Capitol.
Lieutenant Colonel John Coughlin, Provost Marshal General
of the Department of Virginia, office in the Custom House, on Bank street.
Captain Abel E. Leavenwert, Ninth Vermont Vols., Assistant
Provost Marshal General, Custom House Building.